Cold, Flu, and the Corona Virus (Covid-19)
During the winter months, colds, flu and virus’ tend to become more aggressive. These can occur at any time, but most cases follow a relatively predictable seasonal pattern. According to the CDC, October is usually when the cold, flu and virus season starts and peaks in winter. But some years, outbreaks can stick around until May.
Locations with cold temperatures and low humidity see the same, as these are two prime factors. But this has also been found in tropical areas during rainy and humid months. While research and data support both, researchers don’t fully grasp how viruses can show their strength at both low and high temperature and humidity extremes. Theories range from the cold affecting how viruses react and how our immune system deals with infections, to added time spent in crowded spaces and less sunlight.
New research seems to suggest that as internal body temperatures fall after being in cold air, so does the immune system’s ability to fight the common cold, flu and other viruses. It is well known among researchers that the rhinovirus replicates better at a cooler temperature, around 91º F, compared to your core body temperature of 99º F. For most of the world it is winter and colder and the cold/flu/virus season is in full swing. So how do you protect yourself?
Build up your immune system!
With Allimax, AlliUltra and Allimed products, you can do just that. Pure stabilized allicin, derived from garlic we source from Spain, has numerous benefits to boost your immune system. Allicin has shown to have anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which help to stimulate and boost your immune system.
Here is how Allicin helps to boost your immune system:
- Helps to increase the number of lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell.
- Allicin also increases the number of phagocytoses which serve to remove foreign bodies, thus fighting infection.
- Increases natural killer cells, also known as NK, K and killer cells, a type of lymphocyte (white blood cell) and an important component of immune defense. These cells attack infected cells and possibly cancerous cells. They don’t destroy the attacking microorganisms
- Increases antibody titers, which is a test measuring the presences and number of antibodies in your blood
Allicin also has antimicrobial effects against a wide range of bacteria including:
- Salmonella - causes septicemia and produces typhoid or typhoid-like fever
- Staphylococcus, Clostridium - food poisoning
- Streptococcus - causes epic sore throat and scarlet fever and other infections
- Klebsiella, Proteus, Escherichia - causes acute and chronic gastrointestinal disease
- Bacillus - responsible for foodborne illness
- Mycobacterium - causes paralytic illness
- Helicobacter Pylori - causes gastric ulcers
Still not sure?
A completed double-blind placebo-controlled study to confirm the effects of allicin (garlic) on the common cold and flu was done in 2001 by Peter Josling, a biochemist and researcher. Mr. Josling is also responsible for finding the way to stabilize pure allicin from garlic and patented the process. This study is the first to use a double-blind, placebo-controlled design to investigate the prevention of viral disease with a garlic supplement.
The results overwhelmingly favored our allicin supplement as a preventive measure, demonstrating accelerated relief, reduction in the severity of troublesome symptoms such as sneezing, cough and runny nose, and recovery to full fitness. A reduced likelihood of becoming reinfected with other viral strains indicated general improvement in the immune system with the allicin supplement.
Of particular note is that volunteers in the active group took the manufacturer’s recommended dose of one capsule per day. Over the past 10 years, other published reports on garlic supplements for numerous applications have often used double or triple the actual dose available in retail outlets.
The allicin-containing supplement studied may represent a “cure” for the common cold. The results also suggest that infection and reinfection may be effectively prevented by its daily use throughout the year, with an enormous potential saving to national industry in terms of reduced sick days. Our product clearly exhibits excellent antiviral activity and warrants further investigation to determine the nature and method of its viral destruction. (Click here to read the full results)
To sum it all up, the study revealed:
- 65% reduction in the common cold
- 80% reduction of severity of symptoms
- 80% reduction of the duration
- 90% reduction of re-infection
- Product is well tolerated and offers many other advantages
Allicin and the Corona Virus
So you may be wondering, will Allicin work against the Corona Virus? "We have no evidence that Allimax or Allimed can kill or treat the new coronavirus. The only information we can give is that, if you take a larger dose of Allimed or Allimax regularly, it could keep your immune system boosted to protect you. Of course, we can give no guarantee that you will not become infected by the coronavirus” stated Peter Josling, one of the creators of Allimax. To listen to Peter's interview regarding Covid-19, click here.
So what is the Corona Virus (Covid-19)?
Corona Virus or as they are now calling it, Covid-19, is a virus causing headache, fever, dry cough, muscle pain and can lead to shortness of breath. Some people may require hospital treatment. But this can be true with any cold, flu or virus. It depends on your immune system and your body’s ability to fight these organisms.
The incubation period, between infection and showing any symptoms - lasts up to 14 days, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). Some researchers say it may be as long as 24 days.
How deadly is the coronavirus? Based on data from 44,000 patients with this coronavirus, the WHO says:
- 81% develop mild symptoms
- 14% develop severe symptoms
- 5% become critically ill
The proportion of deaths from Covid-19 appears low (between 1% and 2%).
To put this into perspective, approximately one billion people catch influenza every year, with between 290,000 and 650,000 deaths. The severity of the flu changes each year. Right now, treating the Covid-19 relies on the basics. Keep your body going until your immune system can fight off the virus, just like all colds, flu and virus’.
There are basic things you can do for colds, flu and virus’ including Covid-19.
- Wash your hands. Soap, sanitizing hand gel and Alliderm can kill bacteria, fungus and virus’
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing and wash your hands afterward, to prevent from spreading
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. If your hands touch a surface contaminated by the virus, this could transfer to you. Using Allimax liquid in your eyes or Alliderm gel and Allimax Rescue Spray in your mouth can also keep sickness at bay.
- Try to avoid people coughing, sneezing or with a fever. Ideally, keep 3 feet away
To summarize, your health is in your hands. Keeping your immune system in top-notch working condition is key. Your body has what it needs to fight these illnesses. But you have to eat right, stay active and try to eliminate or reduce the things that can jeopardize and inhibit your immune system. By adding a natural immune booster, like allicin, you can increase your chances of healing quickly and get on a healthier path to life. After all, nature knows what you need.